- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-099
- Project: Node Hierarchy (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-June-13
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Request Forgery
Node Hierarchy module allows for the creation of parent child relationships among nodes that can create a tree-like hierarchy of content.
The module doesn't sufficiently confirm user intent when reordering children nodes allowing a malicious user to trick a site admin to changing the desired hierarchy.
- Node Hierarchy 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.5.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Node Hierarchy module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Node Hierarchy module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Node Hierarchy 6.x-1.5
Also see the Node Hierarchy project page.
- Dylan Tack of the Drupal Security Team
- Ronan Dowling the module maintainer
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.