- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-101
- Project: Protected node (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-June-13
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
The Protected Node module enables users to use a password to restrict access to an individual node or all nodes of a node type.
The module doesn't sufficiently protect node access when nodes are accessed outside of the standard node view (i.e. node/1 is protected but other lists are not).
- Protected node 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.6.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Protected node module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Protected node module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Protected node 6.x-1.6
Also see the Protected node project page.
- Alexis Wilke the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.