- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-103
- Project: Global Redirect (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2012-June-13
- Security risk: Less critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Open Redirect
This module improves SEO and usability of a site by redirecting visitors to user-friendly and search-engine-friendly URLs.
The module does not sufficiently validate that a destination URL is internal to the site, allowing an attacker to disguise a malicious destination address as a query parameter passed to a legitimate site URL.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that a site must have the "non-clean to clean" redirect enabled; however, this is the default configuration.
- Global Redirect 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.4.
- Global Redirect 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.4.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Global Redirect module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Global Redirect module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Global Redirect 6.x-1.4
- If you use the Global Redirect module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Global Redirect 7.x-1.4
Also see the Global Redirect project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
- Dave Reid of the Drupal Security Team
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
- Dylan Tack of the Drupal Security Team
- David Rothstein of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.