How to display a FB social plugin on your site.
- Go to Administer > Structure > Facebook social > Presets > Add.
- Fill in a name and for you preset. For example: “Like button on articles”.
Choose the desired Facebook plugin type. The available plugins are:
- Facebook activityfeed plugin
- Facebook comments plugin
- Facebook facepile plugin
- Facebook like button plugin
- Facebook likebox plugin
- Facebook livestream plugin
- Facebook recommendations plugin
- Facebook send plugin
- Facebook subscribe plugin
The plugin settings depend on the Facebook plugin you chose in the previous step. Each setting has a clear description that appears when you hover over it. More information about Facebook Social plugins in general is available on the Facebook help center: http://www.facebook.com/help/social-plugins
Fill in the Drupal settings:
- Plugin location: Depending on your theme you can display the plugin in the node content or the node links.
- View modes: Select the view modes you want to display the plugin on. The most important view modes are “full content” and “teaser”. The full content view mode is used when a node is fully shown, for example when an entire article is displayed. Teaser view mode is typically used in listings, when viewing a list of news items for example.
- Create a block: When checked the plugin will be displayed in a block. You can place this block in any region of your site using the block administration page.