Posted by sun on June 20, 2012 at 4:59pm
|Issue tags:||Needs manual testing|
- "401 Invalid authentication" errors caused by a too large time offset/deviation of the local server time from universal time.
- There can be multiple causes for authentication errors, but a local time offset should be determinable and exposed as a unique/own error.
- Shortcut debugging in case of 401 authentication errors due to local server time offset.
- We can improve the client-side implementation to automatically detect a too high time offset/deviation from universal time by parsing/evaluating the date in the HTTP response headers and comparing it to the local server time.
- If the offset gets too large, the module should log a more severe error message that precisely states the time offset problem.
- Ideally, this error handling should happen within the generic Mollom PHP class, so all client implementations can benefit from it (and not only Drupal).