|Project:||Conference Organizing Distribution Support Modules|
COD 6.x-1.x supports a range of event registration options through the UC_Signup, Signup, Ubercart and Signup_Profile modules.
To help with development of the Commerce_registration module and specifically to move along #1150318: Upgrade the cod_events Feature to D7, it would be helpful to document all the various permutations that are possible in 6.x-1.x, so we can make sure they are accounted for with a smooth user experience in 7.x-1.x.
Let's update the issue summary and mark as fixed when we feel we've covered the main use cases:
Person being registered
- And/or Others
Number of events registered for
- Single event
- Multiple events
- Varying cost
Using a coupon?
- Discount coupon
- Multiple redemption coupon
In the 6.x-1.x paid registration workflow, we do::
1) User adds each event to cart with qty reflecting # of people signed up for each event
2) Events are listed, one email address field per attendee. Purchaser submits form.
3) For each attendee: If there is an account associated with that email address, the user does not have to re-register. If there is not already an account, the purchasing user is prompted to enter (configurable) required fields for that user's profile.
4) Ubercart/Commerce checkout process takes over, accepting payment and any coupons.
It seems like steps 1-3 could potentially be handled by the Registration module for both free and paid events, and that Commerce_registration could handle connecting steps 3-4 via #1500132: Allow reverse workflow of register to checkout instead of just checkout to register.