(Note: these are conclusions just from watching the video)
It seems to me that the editor interface is a little bit too spread out across the page. Right now there are 3 main aspects:
- The view/edit toggle on the toolbar.
- The full page/layout buttons that come up on page hover
- the inline editing for each section
On no account am i suggesting changing the last part :) but I thought the second one in particular could be made simpler:
- To a newbie, what does 'Full page' mean? As far as they are concerned, are they not already editing the full page using the inline interface? Something like 'page settings' might be more accurate.
- It might be good to combine the 'Full page' and 'Layout' buttons into 'Edit layout and settings' and move it to the toolbar. Then there is just one 'go-to' place to begin the process of editing. The page outline on hover is nice, but surely it only really comes into play once you press that button, not before?
Apologies for all the nitpicking!!! I really love this initiative - even as it is, it is a huge step forward. Please do keep up all the great work!