- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-115
- Project: Gallery formatter (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2012-July-25
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
Gallery formatter provides a field formatter for images that turns the fields into jQuery galleries.
The module did not properly escape input from the user before printing it to the browser, allowing malicious users to inject script code into the page.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission to create the nodes / entities and the fields that use the formatter.
- Gallery formatter 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Gallery formatter module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Gallery formatter module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Gallery formatter 7.x-1.2
Also see the Gallery formatter project page.
- Manuel Garcia the module maintainer
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.