- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-124
- Project: Mime Mail (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-August-8
- Security risk: Critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
The MIME Mail module allows users to send MIME-encoded e-mail messages with embedded images and attachments.
The module doesn't perform proper access checks, allowing a user to send arbitrary (e.g. the settings.php) files as attachments.
In the latest version users must have the "send arbitrary files" permission to access files located outside the public files directory.
- Mime Mail 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.1.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Mime Mail module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Mime Mail module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Mime Mail 6.x-1.1
Also see the Mime Mail project page.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.