Synaptic Blue Inc. is the continuing efforts of me, Doug Vann, as I seek to provide highly effective training and development to organizations on their terms. What started as just me is now a team of 5 where I deliver Drupal Training and Drupal Development while my other team members provide design talent and even more development.
I specialize in Customized Drupal Training solutions for individuals, small teams, and even rooms full of people. Past clients include: NASA, BlueCross BlueShield, the U.S. Federal Court, The NY Attorney General's Office, Ohio State University, Indiana University, Northwestern University, San Jacinto College, Highlights Magazine for Children (Fun with a purpose!), as well as other organizations.
In addition to training I do a high volume of development for a variety of clients across a wide range of organizations. I have developed sites for Major Universities, and many Small to Medium Sized Businesses, many of which are listed above as training clients.
- I've organized [and help organize] a number of DrupalCamps and other tech events. I believe that PEOPLE are what powers technology.
- I have provided countless hours of free support via online-chat, forums, linkedin groups, question&answer websites, etc. Drupal's power can make it difficult to comprehend sometimes. I seek to minimize that reality.
- I promote individuals, companies, events, etc. I believe that my visibility should be leveraged to give a larger voice to many other people and products that can benefit from more press, promotion, and exposure.
- I donated many hours of development and instruction to non-profit organizations. Drupal development is expensive. It only make sense that we who do so well in Drupal should take those skills and help out the many volunteer organizations out there can need the benefits of Drupal.
- I'm a member of the Business & Marketing Committee; a volunteer group of Business men and women who are working with the Drupal Association to coordinate Marketing and Branding efforts for the benefit of the whole Drupal project and community.
- I'm a paid member of the Drupal Association which gives me a chance to support the organization that supports Drupal.
- I have created many Drupal Instructional Videos and tutorial available for free in various places across the web
- I financially sponsor and am an organizer for the BlueDrop Awards. An awards program where all Drupal Community members can review and judge Drupal websites for candidacy and qualifications to receive a BlueDrop Award.
- I coordinate with non-Drupal events such as LinuxFests to ensure a strong Drupal presence in their communities as well.
My trainings cover nearly all areas of Drupal development and best practices.
Beginner - Intermediate - Advanced - Theming - Module Development - Site Building - Work Flow - Project Discovery
Tell me what you need and we're work together to create a solution.