Drupal-opac provides drush command for harvest, update and delete records/opac nodes. Here i will speak about harvest command only. It is assumed that you have intalled drush yet (version 5.0 is required) and you know how to use it. Otherwise visit the Drush projet page to learn more.
Drush commands overview
OPAC main module provides 4 drush commands:
- opac-harvest (alias harvest): Import record in drupal,
- opac-update: Do exactly the same than harvest command but allows to specify paramaters to sort and filter nodes you want update,
- opac-servers-list: Show existing opac servers list. Usefull before launching a harvest if you don't remember the machine name of a server,
- opac-purge: Remove OPAC nodes. Be carefull, this command doesn't care about the origin of nodes but just check if they of content type used by opac module.
OPAC authority sub module also provide a drush command:
- opac-auth-harvest (alias auth-harvest): Like opac-harvest but for authorities.
Example of use
Here are few examples of using drush commands. For more information about parameters, you can type "drush help" followed by the name of the command. I.e:
drush help opac-harvest
Import a set of records into OPAC module.
--batch-size Number of biblios harvested in each batch process. Default value is harvest_batch_size variable or 1000
--file You must give the absolute path of a file. Allows to specify a file containing biblio ids to harvest.
--from The first biblio number to harvest.
--print-id Print each biblio id
--servers A comma-separated list of servers for which to harvset.
--to The last biblio number to harvest.
Harvest from all opac server.
--batch-size, --from and --to options are not define there, so drush will use values specified in the module.
drush harvest -v --print-id=1
-v is the verbose mode of drush and --print-id enables printing all node identifier during harvesting process.
drush harvest -v --print-id=1 --create-only
With --create-only parameter, you tells drush harvest to create new nodes only. Existing nodes are skipped.
Harvest biblios from 1 to 8000 and asking for 1000 biblios per request on "my_server"
drush harvest --servers=my_server --batch-size=1000 --from=1 --to=8000 -v --print-id=1
You can use 'drush opac-servers-list' command to get all servers identifier
Harvest biblios from a file.
The file must contain only biblio ids and must be formatted with one id per line. Like this:
Now you can type:
drush harvest --servers=my_server --file=/path/to/the/file -v --print-id=1
You can use --batch-size with --file parameter.