As part of the l10n_update integration in core the motivation of this issue is to provide the user interface which displays the translation status and allows users to perform translation updates in certain languages.
The goal is to provide an overview of the available interface translation updates on a per-language level. Also to give detailed information for administrators about projects which can be updated. Already up-to-date projects are not shown anywhere, however for debugging purposes projects which updates were not found for are shown (development or unknown releases). A message also appears on this screen to inform administrators about when updates have been checked last time, along with a link for checking manually.
Build the UI according to the proposal in #50. Shorten summary texts. See 2-3. points in Bojhan's comment. Add whitespace between the check manually message and the table. Add tests to cover this functionality. Add Translation status to the Status report page. Use real module/theme name instead of machine name Add feature to show/hide low priority columns on mobile device, as per module page UI review (see #63) Accessibility concerns (see #64 and #86)
- code review
update status message screenshots update issue summary in general
- open remaining follow-up issues based on answers to questions from #89
How to work on this issue
To test this issue:
- Apply the latest display-interface-translation-status-1804702-*.patch from this issue queue.
- Enable Locale module under Extend
- Add one or more languages (Dutch) under Configuration
- Check the Available translation status by clicking the link The report, Available translation updates which leads to admin/reports/translations. This will show updates not found for drupal 8.x
- Check the Status report at admin/reports/status. This will show Updates not found too.
- Optionally: Install Locale Tamper module. This will mock some 7.x modules for which translations will be downloaded.
- revisit the available translation status admin/reports/translations and "check manually".
- expand to see more detail
- Check the Status report at admin/reports/status. This will show Updates and link to updates report page.
User interface changes
New administrative page at /admin/reports/translations.
Status summary on Status report page at /admin/reports/status.
Need to be opened
- #89 step 6, Q2. 3 of 3 when checking manually.
Unrelated Issues opened
- #1861908: Improve messages when automatically checking for translations
- #1861956: translations imported but error shows: .po could not be copied because the destination directory translations:// is not configur
Original report by Sutharsan
As part of the l10n_update integration in core this issue adds the function to display the translation status and provide the user interface . See the UML in #1191488: META: Integrate l10n_update functionality in core for the big picture where this issue fits in.
Parts provided by this issue:
- A status page with translations to be updated. The interface was previously discussed at #1029554: Translations update feature user experience.
- A button to update the translations on the above page.
- A message on the status page that translation are available.
- A link to manually check for updates
Other related functions:
- (Download and )import translations when a module is enabled
- (Download and )import translations when a language is added
- Update the translation when a module is updated
- Update interface translations automatically on cron