Posted by xjm on October 8, 2012 at 12:34pm
- To demonstrate the MVP for having Views in core, we need to convert at least one core listing to a view.
- The "promoted" node listing at
/nodeis a fairly straightforward listing with a few module-specific features, so it is a good test case
- New Drupal users often want to know how to customize this listing anyway, so it is an easily discoverable place to add a View in core.
- Convert the main
/nodelisting to a View.
- The next step is to add an upgrade path that enables Views for sites that have the node listing as their front page in Drupal 7. See #75 and #76.
- Identify and create follow-up issues.
- #1807020: Add Views and Views UI to the standard install profile
- #1808648: Move tokenization form code into AreaPluginBase
- #1808542: Allow area handlers to override the page title when used in an empty area.
- #1808670: Provide a way for area handlers to be available by area type
- #1809608: Write test coverage for views_fetch_fields
- #1811016: [meta] Decouple tests from Node module
- #1847554: Decouple SummaryLengthTest from the node frontpage (and make it a bit faster)
- #1848200: Random warnings in tests in field_ui.admin.inc
- #1848998: Problems with update_module_enable() / #1849004: One Service Container To Rule Them All
- #1850352: config_import_invoke_owner() should check whether a module exists before invoking its hooks
- #1850158: Bugged assumption in ModuleTestBase::assertModuleConfig()
- #1850418: Provide D7 -> D8 Views upgrade path in contrib, not core
- #1776830: Installation and uninstallation of configuration provided by a module that belongs to another module's API
- #1807624: Saving and rendering in empty region for 'Global: unfiltered' text does not work
- #1811816: Benchmark node_page_default vs. node view
- #1847540: [META] Clean up comment module tests and decouple from node
- #1940274: Modules not loaded when they ought to be loaded
- #1940306: Convert the node RSS feed to a display of the frontpage view
- #1946526: Clean up Minimal profile modules
- #1961184: "Welcome to Drupal" title (frontpage view "no results" behavior) persists even when there are results