This is the first alpha release of Ubercart Addresses 7.x-1.0. This is mainly a port of the 6.x-2.x version, although there are some little differences, such as that AJAX technics are used at checkout and in the order administration.
This release includes all "required" features for the module and so it should work properly at least in a basic setup with standard configuration. There are two reasons why this is only an "alpha" release. That's because:
- The feature for copying addresses from delivery to billing pane (and vice versa) in the order administration is temporary removed. This is because I couldn't find a way yet to ajaxify these buttons nicely without adding more CSS then themers could probably accept. See #1424038: Order administration: "copy address" feature.
- Some "optional" features are planned to be added, such as extended Views integration, Feeds integration and Entity integration.
Features that should work:
The address book API and field handler API should behave as described.
The address book
Customers can manage their address book.
Selecting an address from the address book at checkout should work without problems.
Ubercart Addresses address tokens
Formatting addresses with Ubercart Addresses address tokens should work without problems.
Registering with address information
Customers should be able to enter an address when creating a new account. When choosing an other country, the zone field should update properly.
Ubercart Addresses user tokens
Tokens for default addresses in user context should work.
Ubercart Addresses order tokens
Tokens for addresses in order context should work.
Upgrade from Ubercart Addresses 6.x-1.x
The upgrade script that appeared in 6.x-2.x has been ported, and thus it's possible to upgrade directly from 6.x-1.x (you don't need to upgrade to 6.x-2.x first).
Upgrade from Ubercart Addresses 6.x-2.x
The Ubercart Addresses address formats created with Ubercart Addresses 6.x-2.x should be updated nicely. See #1424022: Upgrade from Ubercart Addresses 6.x-2.x.
The automated tests proove that the module is functioning as described and helps to prevent that the module gets "broken" when changes in the code are made. However, the tests do not cover all possible cases. See #1382088: Automated tests.
The module has "basic" Views integration, that means you can create a View of addresses using fields. See #1391216: Views integration for the 6.x-2.x and 7.x-1.x version for more information.
Plans for the next release
For the next release the focus will be on extending Views integration and provide a default View for the address book page. The template file uc-addresses-address-book.tpl.php will probably be removed.
- #1831424: Turn Ubercart Addresses address into an entity
- #1391216: Views integration for the 6.x-2.x and 7.x-1.x version
- #1433034: Redesign the address book page using Views
Want to help?
These issues could use some help: