Since a few weeks, I encounter a WSOD while trying to access some admin pages, especially :
However, my website still runs normally when my actions are just about adding or editing pages or articles.
WSOD occurs even if all additional modules are disabled. I managed to follow the WSOD handbook recommendations : my root index.php is modified to display errors, but the WSOD still don't give any message.
With phpmyadmin, I flushed the cache, flushed the sessions, and also flushed the search indexes and results, and no evolution was noticed.
I was so upset I decided to delete all a restart from a Drupal 7.16 fresh installation and, surprise : my "friend" WSOD appears as soon as I try to access to /admin/config
Apache logs don't give any info except the GET request when calling /admin/config is executed with return code 200
Drupal : version 7.16
PHP memory_limit : 512M
PHP max_execution_time : 360
What surprises me is that the website was fully functional with a bunch of additional modules but no manipulation was done when the first WSOD appeared.
Although, I thought there was a filesystem permission issue, but if the WSOD happened with a fresh install from scratch, neither a module or a permission can explain it.
Thanks for your help…