- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-160
- Project: OM Maximenu (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2012-November-07
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to create custom menus with effects and integrate module blocks as it's menu item content.
The module doesn't sufficiently state the risk of giving permission to create OM Maximenus.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer OM Maximenu".
- OM Maximenu 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.44.
- OM Maximenu 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.44.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed OM Maximenu module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the OM Maximenu module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to OM Maximenu 6.x-1.44
- If you use the OM Maximenu module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to OM Maximenu 7.x-1.44
Also see the OM Maximenu project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.