- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-165
- Project: Chaos tool suite (ctools) (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-November-14
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Chaos tool suite is primarily a set of APIs and tools to improve the developer experience.
The page manager node view task does not sufficiently escape node titles when setting the page title, allowing XSS.
This vulnerability is partially mitigate by the node task being disabled by default and limited to users that have the ability to submit or edit nodes.
- Chaos tool suite (ctools) 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.10.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Chaos tool suite (ctools) module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Chaos tool suite (ctools) module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Chaos tool suite (ctools) 6.x-1.10
Also see the Chaos tool suite (ctools) project page.
- Klaus Purer of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.