- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-173
- Project: Nodewords: D6 Meta Tags (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-December-05
- Security risk: Not critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Information Disclosure
This module enables you to assign meta tags on Drupal 6 sites to aid with 3rd party search indexing and sharing on social networks.
The module doesn't correctly filter node content when configured to automatically generate descriptions meta tags from the node text. This lack of filtering could allow some code, e.g. BBCode, to pass through unprocessed and potentially display private or otherwise secret information, links, file paths or other potentially sensitive details. The problem affects the normal 'description' meta tag along with the 'dc.description' and 'og:description' meta tags, all of which used the same logic.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that it is unlikely that sensitive content would be within the extracted portion.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Nodewords 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.14.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Nodewords: D6 Meta Tags module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Nodewords module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Nodewords 6.x-1.14.
Also see the Nodewords: D6 Meta Tags project page.
- Damien McKenna the module maintainer.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.