Editorial Workflow for Translations is not possible to be assembled yet in a way similar to the Workbench moderate module.
The entity: node can have revisions, taxonomy terms are getting it, but that is not enough.
These issues together are needed to make Translation Editorial Workflow possible. (make it possible to do in contrib?)
- #1498674: Refactor node properties to multilingual
- And the issues that depends on (see drawing in #1498674-132: Refactor node properties to multilingual):
- #1658846: Add language support to node access grants and records
- #1807776: Support both simple and editorial workflows for translating entities
- #1831444: EntityNG: Support for revisions for entity save and delete operations
- #1723892: Support for revisions for entity save and delete operations
- #1188388: Entity translation UI in core
Description in words what a Translation Editorial Workflow might be like
(work in progress)
Ideally, staging translation revisions separately could be done in contrib.
When you create a new node, article for example, it can go through draft, review and to publish. Plus stay live while a new version is worked on later on. That should be possible for the translations of that same node when using the entity translation module. Nodes would have published flags, authors, etc. per language and could have separate node access.
Example goal: have enough in core that allows a contrib module to make a staging workflow so all language versions has to be reviewed and approved before any of them go live.
- get a better title for the issue
- review the list of meta issues, add any that are missing
- note which are "required" or just "helpful" in making Translation Editorial Workflow possible
- define in words what a functional workflow would be like
- (maybe) add some issues and mark them as done, that are already committed that were critical to making this possible (provide some acknowledgment and scope of the whole problem)
User interface changes
this is a meta issue, no patch here to change the ui.
this is a meta issue, no patch here to change api.
Report by inspired by tsvenson and Gabor
During a Modules Unraveled podcast with plach, http://youtu.be/Z8RnEBPoqI0, about entity translation, tsvenson asked plach about revisioning and staging. plach's answer is at 27:45. tsvenson and Gabor had a follow-up discussion in irc after the podcast in which several issues were listed.