High-level Changes since 7.x-3.0-alpha2:
- Integrated Email notification system and Following UI built on top of Message Subscribe module
- Initial improvements from a Commons Performance review (new indexes and entity cache compatibility in OG & Message modules, smarter pagers, entity cache module is now included)
- Extensive Commons Origins theme progress & associated Panels config (though the theme is still under active development and is not production ready)
- Commons Like widget
- Commons Q&A Feature
- Initial Commons site search integration (core and ApacheSolr, with the Solr feature under active development) - by jpontani
- Various contrib module patches (See the latest Commons make file for details)
- Alterable Utility links block
- Improvements to user profile/account editing form via Edit Profile module
- Default Pathauto and path alias configuration
- Improvements to Commons Group Browsing widget (refactored with individual pagers indexes, now styled per the Commons designs, improved sort controls, individual tabs add up to total of "all" tab by excluding events, answers)
- Automatically added "most active" sort control to Commons group browsing widget when Commons Radioactivity is enabled
Contributions including folks outside of Acquia:
- #1835726 by gnuget | ezra-g: Added Prompt user to create the first group as part of installation.
- Issue #1782636: Embedded information on Group node teaser pages by ezra-g, gnuget: Embedded information on Group node teaser pages.
- #1835722 by sp-drupy: Fixed Undefined property: stdClass:: in og_role_save() (line 2473 of og.module.
The work that remains in order for an official release is generally considered issues that are currently marked major priority or above.
Note: Occasional Commons commit messages up until Beta1 did not reference specific Drupal.org issues. With the move to Beta, commits should now generally refer to a Drupal.org issue.