I'm in a team of 5 volunteers, we build a new website for a charity organization, world servants.
Set-up of version control:
- Bitbucket with auto deployment of the "dev branche" to the development website.
- Feature-branche per use case, merged into the dev branche when it's completed.
- All people in our team have a local DB, which is aligned with the dev branche, but not with feature branches that the other people work on.
- When switching to a different feature-branche, errors appear, mismatch between the database and the code.
1) We looked into http://dbv.vizuina.com/ for handling scheme updates file based. The latest idea was to use Devel to see the SQL queries Drupal executes and use dbv to handle data updates.
2) Another idea is to keep a database file in each branch , but then we have to import/export it every time we want to view / update a branch. Might use a batch script for that. But what happens when we merge feature-branches to the dev-branche, how to merge the DB's?
Any suggestion would be more then welcome! :)