We currently have an opening for a full-time web programmer, whose job duties will include working on our Drupal museum website, among other things.
Here's the job posting. Full details and application link here: http://famsf.snaphire.com/jobdetails?ajid=PKes7
The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco is looking for an experienced Web Programmer. Works under general supervision to design, develop, customize, and maintain applications and templates for web-based access to FAMSF systems and data, including:
- The Content Management System (CMS) of the primary FAMSF website (written in Drupal) and related special-purpose portals
- The online retail store (Java/Softslate)
- Web-based access to images of the Museums' collection (Java/Spring)
- A globally-used database for art conservators (Java/Spring)
- Collection Management System (4D)
Oversees the hosting environment for the Content Management System.
Works with a variety of content managers and subject matter experts to determine requirements and build specifications for these and other similar systems. Serves as back up for content managers.
Builds and maintains special-purpose databases (SQL/MySQL) and interfaces to a variety of business applications and their data, including financial (The Financial Edge), development (The Raisers Edge), systems (Patron Edge), and collection management (4D).
Migrates Java applications to the Drupal environment where practical.
Provides support for mature, stable applications written in 4D.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains existing software. Analyzes and resolves system problems. Develops and implements solutions. Resolves technical problems with end users in the implementation, maintenance, and modification of complex application programs. Analyzes, researches, and repairs program logic and systems.
- Plans, analyzes, designs, and implements a variety of new systems, establishing internal and external controls. Develops procedures for access and retrieval of information. Ensures program designs meet user requirements. Ensures adherence to design/program standards.
- Manages the hosting environment for the Content Management System.
- Works primarily in test and development environments. Migrates approved software to production environment.
- Works with content managers and consultants to develop and execute a plan to migrate to Drupal 7, including mobile access portals.
- Writes, modifies, and/or runs programs to provide reports and to extract database information, and provides Application Programming Interfaces to third party developers of mobile apps.
- Analyzes and responds to service requests. Determines the most cost effective approach and the appropriate staff time required to achieve needed modifications. Recommends appropriate solutions to meet user needs and project requirements.
- Assists users and other analysts in diagnosing complex program failures. Develops recovery and backup procedures. Detects, identifies, and corrects software deficiencies.
- Advises management on the capabilities and limitations of current systems and recommends improvements.
- Prepares project plans, time and cost estimates of new projects, and enhancement or changes to existing systems/applications. Coordinates integration into existing systems and procedures.
- Coordinates and/or attends project team meetings, user meetings, and the like as needed.
- Prepares user and technical manuals and instructions. Instructs users on new capabilities.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies, software products, and hardware products. Consults with vendors regarding product functions and features. Recommends software and hardware purchases.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Work Experience: 5 years of experience in applications programming, with at least 2 years as a senior level programmer, or directly related experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in Drupal.
- Strong familiarity with JAVA, Spring and Hibernate, and other related open source technologies.
- Experience in software design.
- Experience in architecture developing online portals that collect, process, and provide detailed reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a complex, dynamic environment.
- Ability to design and execute complex software projects for a diverse variety of users.
- Expertise in relational databases such as MS SQL, DB2, MYSQL, and 4D.
- Expertise in SQL programming.
- Knowledge of HTML.
- Affinity for Open Source programming projects.
- Interest in fine arts and/or museum management.
This is a full time postion with a full benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, plus a generous time off package.