- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-013
- Project: Boxes (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-January-30
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The subject field for the included simple box doesn't escape HTML properly.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission to administer/edit boxes.
Wikipedia has more information about cross site scripting (XSS).
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Boxes 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.1
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Boxes module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Boxes module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Boxes 7.x-1.1
Also see the Boxes project page.
- Tirdad Chaharlengi the module maintainer
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.