I developed and design my drupal site on my localhost on laptop, all fine, quick n easy.
I just got server space to move it to. I had browsed the web up and down to get the right steps to transfer it, yet I keep running into problems.
The steps to move I found and did indeed follow
1) copy all files from my drupal site folder to the live server (used SSH FTP and inluded the hidden .htaccess file
2) switched off clean URLS in the drupal configuration (no idea why that makes a difference, but hey.
3) cleared the cache via admin configuration in performance
4) exported all tables in a neat .sql file
5) FTP-ed the .sql file to the server
6) checked in .htaccess that RewriteBase was dissabled
7) changed the settings.php to my server login, etc.
7a) I did not amend the baseURL as my drupal site is on the root folder of the server, I tried with and without, seems to make no difference for the end result
8) command lined into my server
9) created an empty database
10) filled the database with my .sql file
11) gave GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON drupal_book.* TO myadmin@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'thepassword';
> Ran the site and the following happened:
The site draws the top but then only displays the data object, not the rendered site
So if you dont see the image, the top is drawn fine, but where the database driven content should sit, it just adds code.
Anyone? I been following theses seemingly easy steps for hours now and again and again there is something fucked up. Getting quite unnerved....