http://pisochalet.com is an small Spanish startup based in Madrid.
The team Pisochalet Team, includes, Managers, designers, developers and social community managers.
Because Drupal is a rock-solid CMS, with an exceptional community and great ability to accommodate current and future use cases.
Main Goal: Boosting Drupal speed
The Project started in January 2011, with Drupal version 7 . After some modules we saw it was too slow, also we noticed the lack of stable / production modules.
Not being able to get over this Pitfalls we went back to Drupal6.
- For frontend we choosed Genesis Theme. It is lightweight and Standards compilant
- In this phase, first design was finished.
- Also, first layout was finished
- Due to speed issues, the site we over-cached the site, which made it un-usable
- New people in team ^_^
- Pressflow core replaced Drupal core
- The design was polished, new logos, new colours, etc
- New speed-up features where installed: Boost module, CDNs where included: AWS & CloudFlare.com, ADVCSS/JS agregation (surprisingly this wasn't enough :/ and site still got over-cached )
- At the end of the year, a new approach was used to speed-up page. We removed most of the CCK modules and de-normalized the remaining CCK tables to 1 new table (... incredible... even with this, site was slow)
* In the Front-end, we included:
- Custom made Backbone.JS consuming a JSON webservice, and,
- Several Google Version 3 API modules
- Server has been moved to a SMP GNU/Linux dedicated server in North Europe (Custom installed 'crafted' Debian)
- Memcache module in Drupal, and a memcached daemon in OS
- Varnish as Reverse proxy
- APC opcode cache
No community contributions
Adolfo Moran and Jaime Basabe
Erika Silvestri (2011)
Julian Romera Juarez (2012)
Nico carrera (maintainer)
Julian Romera Juarez
The Java2se-Tool Crew
Julian romera Juarez
The 'Git', invisible friend
The Android Crew
Pablo Martinez Piles