When upgrading from a dev-release prior to 2013-04-11, the authcache_debug module must be disabled during the upgrade. It can be re enabled afterwards.
The authcache 2.x branch is everything about breaking up the code into several submodules. First this allows deactivating support-code for core-modules not in use. Second by using our own API, it will automatically improve such that third-party integration becomes much easier.
The following things changed in the 7.x-2.x branch:
- Extract AJAX-support into an optional submodule
- Extracted support for the following core modules into separate submodules: block, comment, contact, forum, poll, statistics
- Extracted the debug widget into its separate submodule
- Split up ajax/authcache.php and placed submodule-specific code into the proper places.
- Split up authcache.js as well as convert everything to Drupal.behaviors.
- Get rid of all global variables
- Get rid of
cache_uidcookie and generally leak less unnecessary info.
Because Ajax-Support is now optional, there is another
cache_backend which needs to be run immediately before
authcache.inc. The following configuration will enable authcache including AJAX support:
$conf['cache_backends'] = 'sites/all/modules/authcache/modules/aceajax/aceajax.inc';
$conf['cache_backends'] = 'sites/all/modules/authcache/authcache.inc';