Got a live site that the customer would like modified so that when new user accounts are created and the user sets their password using the one-time link, they are redirected to a custom page rather than the edit profile page re-loading (which is what is happening by default).
1. Admin creates an account for the user (sets a random password) and checks "notify user"
2. User receives email with one-time link
3. User clicks one-time link and is taken to page asking them if they'd like to log in using the one-time link and set a password
4. Click login button and taken to the page where they set a new password
5. Click save
6. Same page reloads (/user/[uid]/edit) but with a new field asking for current password
I understand that the page shown in step 6 is the standard user edit page where they can change their username/email/current password (and in order to do that they need to provide their existing password) but the problem is to non-savvy people this is looking like the same page is reloading and setting their account password (step 5) didn't work. A lot of them are re-typing their password into the password fields and trying to click save which is throwing an error saying the current password needs to be provided.
Ideally, I'd like to redirect them so that when step 5 executes, it saves the password but then takes them to their normal user page (/user) which is setup with a welcome message/etc.
I was wondering if people know of a module that does this task? I've had a look at Login Destination and LoginToboggan but I'm not 100% if it does the specifics of what I'm asking and with the site being live I don't have a lot of time to take it offline to test.
Any help would be appreciated.