As this is the first major Intranet project we have embarked on we would sincerely appreciate any feedback from a IT/developer point of view in regards to amount of work/costs required for implementing these requirements. This will help us establish a suitable timeline for the client and rough budget in order for both parties to have a mutual understanding of the scope of work involved.
I understand some areas may be more time consuming than others to develop and implement so please let us know your thoughts.
Below is a basic list/description of the areas we are working through with the client at the moment if you would be able to review/digest and come back to me with some ball park figures against each section, this would be really fantastic. Please do not hesitate to give me a call if you would like to discuss further:
1. A base intranet system built in Drupal.
Standard features will include:
- Facebook, Twitter and Yammer integration.
- Ability to store and search through a large amount of documents
- A staff directory with profiles photos etc.
- Image and Video galleries
- Events calendar
- Address book
- A forum / Blog
- A templates area; logo, style guides, letterheads etc.
2. A customisable 'drag and drop' homepage.
This can include the users favourites like
- Town news
- Facebook and Twitter
- External feeds like weather and news
3. Sync internal calendars with the intranet
4. An alert system that reminds the user of events, deadlines, holidays, new staff etc.
5. A chat system based on Facebook style chat
6. An area for Skyping, this would save your Skyping contacts within the intranet
7. An IT support ticketing system.
- When a staff member wants to request a change of thinks something is broken on their website, they need to start a ticket which is managed, if the correction is legitimate its then passed onto us to make a comment or fix the issue.
8. A moderation area
- When staff make changes to the website, notification is sent to a member of the staff who can check that the update is correct
9. An HR area to advertise positions within the company, this area must contain the highest area of security