|Project:||Drupal.org Project applications|
|Issue tags:||PAReview: security|
Note: coerll is applying here for the git vetted user role.
This is a Drupal 6.x project, with plans to port to 7.x as development proceeds.
This module allows to annotate the text of a text field with the help of the community tags module and drupal comments. Users can highlight content of a text field in view mode with their mouse cursor and enter a comment or tag in the entry box that pops up.
A word cloud of the entire text, a community tag cloud, all comments, a comment cloud, and a list of annotators are all available through the module as tabbed blocks once the blocks are added to a node_view panel.
Collaborative online annotation offers a new kind of reading experience: instead of making notes in the margin of a book, readers can now share their reactions instantaneously and build a body of commentary about a text together.
- jquery_ui (with latest jQuery UI 1.7 release)
The current project page can be found in our sandbox:
The current repository is located at:
git clone --recursive --branch 6.x-1.x git.drupal.org:sandbox/coerll/1782670.git ecomma
Does currently not work on IE browsers.
Once a group/class has started to tag or comment on a text the text cannot be changed in any way or the annotations will be off.
Instructions below are based on navigation in admin menu (admin_menu module).
1. Site building > Modules: enable ecomma module and dependencies
2. Content management > Content types > Add Content type: Add custom content type.
3. Content management > Content types > Edit Your_custom_content_type > Comment settings > Preview comment: Optional
4. Content management > Content types > Edit Your_custom_content_type > Manage fields > Add a new text area field with unlimited values
5. Enable ecomma commentary features for that text area field in field settings.
6. Content management > Taxonomy: Add Vocabulary, enable Vocabulary for the content type you created, and check Settings > Tags checkbox
7. Site Configurations > Community tags: Enable community tagging for the vocabulary you created
8. Content management > Content types > Edit Your_custom_content_type > Workflow settings > Community tagging form: Select Block
9. User Management > Permissions > community_tags module: Enable "tag content" for authenticated and anonymous users. (This will just enable unauthenticated users to see the tags, but not to tag.)
10. User Management > Permissions > community_tags module: Enable "edit own tags" for authenticated.
11. User Management > Permissions > comment module: Enable "access comments" for authenticated and anonymous users. (This will just enable unauthenticated users to see the comments, but not to comment.)
12. User Management > Permissions > comment_delete module: Enable "delete own comments" for authenticated users.
13. Site building > Pages > List:
-Enable node_view and click on edit.
-Call it ecomma
-Create variant and enalbe selection rules
-In the selection rules select "Node:type" and then check the content type you created for the ecomma module
-Select miscellaneous layout and choose "eComma column 45/10/45" layout that ships with the ecomma module.
-Add content to Left (click wheel icon): Node > Field: your-text-field - Text > Node being viewed
-Add content to Right: Miscellaneous > Community tagging form
-Add content to Right: Miscellaneous > eComma Tag details
-Add content to Right: Miscellaneous > eComma Word Cloud
-Add content to Right: Miscellaneous > eComma User Annotation Total
-Add content to Right: Node > Comment form > Node being viewed
-Add content to Right: Node > Node Comments
-Add content to Right: Miscellaneous > eComma Comment Cloud
14. Content management > Create content: Create a node for your collaborative text. Don't put anything in the body text just in the text area that you added.
15. Tip: Classes or groups can create collaborative annotation environments with the organic groups module. The userplus module can enhance work with the organic groups module in drupal 6.
15. Current restrictions:
* Does currently not work on IE browser < 9.
* Once a group/class has started to tag or comment on a text the text cannot be changed in any way or the annotations will be off.