I made another post assuming I would have to go through views to do this earlier, but then I remembered that taxonomy held an easier option.
So I have a taxonomy, for examples called department. Within that I might have terms such as finance, HR etc.
I have then set it up using the user fields option so that users can be attached to this taxonomy (a user can be defined as part of HR etc.)
However when you go to the taxonomy page (eg /department/HR) it does not display the users only related content.
Is there a fix to this problem, or a module that could do it?
Any help much appreciated.
I found a very imperfect fix for this by creating a content type called department and then assigning users a field entity of the same name. I then used views and filterered by user and field. I then had blocks to display on each page the related users. This works but is a) very messy as it clogs up your backend with an individual block and an individual view for each and every department and b) it means if a new department is ever created it would need someone with an intimate knowledge of views and blocks to implement the changes again, which isn't guaranteed. I can't seem to find a fixed way for one view and one block to pull the correct information accordingly, which makes me think taxonomy is the way to go, but no luck there either yet.