- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-024
- Project: Creative Theme (third-party theme)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-February-27
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
Creative Theme is a light weight Drupal 7 theme with a modern look and feel.
The theme doesn't properly sanitize user-entered content in the social icon leading to a Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker would have to have the 'administer themes' permission.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Creative Theme 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Creative Theme, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Creative Theme for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Creative Theme 7.x-1.2
Also see the Creative Theme project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
- saran.quardz the theme maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.