Good afternoon and TGIF!!
I have a complicated or simple issue. I want to copy my companies main site to my development domain however I have been having troubles with the transition.
Here are the following steps I took to duplicate:
1. Exported the database through Backup and Migrate
2. Copied the main directory (/images/ /pdf/ etc.)
1. Installed Drupal 6.28
2. Created a database for the installation process
--Drupal Install Complete--
3. Went to Backup Wizard in cPanel and restored from Main Site backup (didn't notice any changes other than the database name being there, no tables or prefixes)
4. Moved the copied main directory to the duplicate main directory.
5. Activated Backup and Migrate module and attempted a restore (still didn't see any previous information from the main site)
6. Activated the site theme (received an error on line 378 in template.php which looks like "cma_modalframe_parent_js();}")
7. Renamed template.php to something else and bits and pieces started to show up but it still remains broken
8. I'm stumped at the moment
Note: I have not touched the .htaccess or settings.php, should I be pointing one of these to the exported backup?
Am I walking in the right direction or should I be trying something completely different?