This release features improvements to the IP management mechanisms that were broken in the last alpha1 release. We now manage IP addresses individually, and check if an IP is in use before allowing it to be deleted.
We also finally leave the files alone on spokes in the multi-server model, a long-standing bug in the 1.x series that led to data loss. A lot of work was done to standardize the Nginx configuration to allow for simpler, yet optional, configurations that leave the admin in charge of choosing the optimisation methods.
The code compatible with the Drupal 7 version of Aegir Hostmaster
First release of the 2.0 branch, see http://community.aegirproject.org/2.0-alpha1 for details.
Changes since 6.x-1.8:Read more
various bugfixes that have accumulated in the issue queue since the 1.6 release, including a lot of fixes on Nginx support. We also ship a new clustering module aimed at lightweight slave deployments named the pack module, designed to replace the cluster module which has performance and configuration issues.
all the details here: http://community.aegirproject.org/1.7
Changes since 6.x-1.5:
- fix usage for hostmaster-install
- #1146238 by mig5: Fixed The Reset password task for Drupal 5.x sites creates not working one-time login link.
- fix the help information for most provision-commands by removing the site name argument and switch to @aliases instead. add examples for most commands too.
- #1322208 by helmo - fix provision-restore help information and add an example
- #1336838: Added documentation for --makefile to provision-save, and fixed the style.
Changes since 6.x-1.4:
- Add some same core version migrations.
- Add a migrate test, and cleanup.
- refactor the email setting code so that we have a proper default and we discard a temporary variable
- 1128844 do not prompt-loop over email if -y
- Add the beginnings of some tests.
- #1283926 by bgm: Fixed Small improvement on the trigger/views filtering in the database dump.
- #1278720 by halcyonCorsair: Fixed missing base_url() in install_send_welcome_mail() for drupal 7.
- #1111572 by helmo, Steven Jones: Fixed Undefined index: profiles deploy.provision.inc:84.
- #1150274 by Steven Jones: Fixed Undefined index: user db.drush.inc:288.
- #983056 by Steven Jones: Fixed installer does not properly escape the mysql root password.
- #1263544 by GuyPaddock, Steven Jones: Fixed 'Can only throw objects in provision.config.inc, line 75'.
- #1261006 - Follow up: Tidy docs and add missing parent method.
- #1266484 - Cannot verify Drupal 7.8 with PHP 5.2
There are no changes to provision in this release, apart from pulling in the 6.x-1.4 release of hostmaster, which contains a fix to a security vulnerability.
See: http://community.aegirproject.org/1.4 for more details.
The Aegir team is happy to release the third stable release in the 1.x branch. We have found only one critical bug (in Nginx support) but have fixed so many little bugs that we figured it was about time to make a new release.
See the release notes on the community site for more information: http://community.aegirproject.org/1.2
The Aegir team is happy to release the second stable release in the 1.x branch. We have found two critical bugs during the more massive deployment of 1.0 and figured we could share the fixes with the community.
The major changes here are that 1.0 had broken the upgrade of Drupal 5 sites and was still allowing duplicate sites to be created under some circumstances.
Full release notes: http://community.aegirproject.org/1.1
The Aegir team is very pleased to announce the first official stable release of Aegir - 1.0. While it's been a mostly "open secret" that most of our releases are production ready, this one has been tested through no less than 15 alpha releases, 2 beta releases and 7 release candidates, for a grand total 24 test releases before we deliver this stable version.
Full release notes: http://community.aegirproject.org/1.0
The Aegir team is very pleased to announce the seventh release candidate of Aegir 1.0.
This release primarily fixes issues with our drush makefile which have prevented installations and upgrades of the last couple of releases.
Full release notes: http://community.aegirproject.org/1.0-rc7
The Aegir team is very pleased to announce the sixth release candidate of Aegir 1.0, aka "are we there yet?"
This is yet another hotfix release to fix an issue in the upgrade.sh script and Drupal 7 support.
Full release notes: http://community.aegirproject.org/1.0-rc6
This is a hotfix release to fix a major issue in the upgrade path. All users are strongly encouraged to skip the rc4 release and upgrade here instead.
See the release notes: http://community.aegirproject.org/1.0-rc5
Fourth release candidate.
Key changes in 1.0-rc4
* There is now a ~/clients directory in which symlink are automatically created to allow easy access to all your client sites (#1115960: Moving a site between platforms causes confusion)
* A variable is now set in settings.php (aegir_api) to allow contrib modules to inspect what Aegir version they are dealing with, if any. The setting is removed on export, that is, if dbcloaking is off (#1027358: Set a variable in settings.php so that modules can check whether the site is in Aegir)
* We fixed a big regression where the mass migrate form stopped working in rc3 (#1111532: Mass Migrate fails in Aegir 1.0 RC3)
* The private directory of Drupal 7 is now properly protected (#1108810: Files in sites/example.org/private are accessible.)
* The Debian package has been tested over and over again and is now the prefered install method for people on Debian
* Consequently, install.sh has been removed and the manual install instructions have been revamped to be clearer, see this post for more information about the reasoning behind that change