This module, AJAX Views, provides a mechanism for a View block to have AJAX based pagination.
- Create or edit a View
- Specify a Page view of any type
- Specify a Block view with "AJAX Paging Block View" type and the node count you want on each page
- Specify an argument of type "AJAX Views: AJAX Selector" with "Display all values" specified
- If you have other arguments, make sure there are valid wildcards for them
- Finally, either embed your view in a page via
views_build_view('block', $view)or put your block in a region
This module has outstanding theming support. You can customize nearly any part of the rendering for all blocks/pages or specific renderings. The following are theme hooks implemented in AJAX views.
- theme_views_ajax - Traffic cop theme function to render both the block wrapper and the ajax content that is held within the wrapper. This is a global override theme function, most likely you will leave this alone.
- theme_views_ajax_block_[viewname] - Same as theme_views_ajax_block but for a view with a specific name
- theme_views_ajax_page - Theme function to render the dynamic ajax page that is served to the block
- theme_views_ajax_page_[viewname] - Same as theme_views_ajax_page but for a view with a specific name
- theme_views_ajax_page_item - Theme function to render the dynamic ajax page individual items.
- theme_views_ajax_page_item_[viewname] - Same as theme_views_ajax_page_item but for a view with a specific name
- theme_views_ajax_block_pager - Theme function to render the paging links at the bottom of the ajax page
- Better support for view arguments
- Better documentation
This project is sponsored by Phase2 Technology