This module displays events occurring on this day in history. For example, if today was January 6th the birth of Joan of Arc (born January 6, 1412) might be displayed.
This Day in History module adds the node type: Historical event, and supports the Node import module for importing historical events. User created historical events are displayed in blocks. Any number of blocks can be created, and the events displayed can be selected by a number of different criteria, including randomly. If no event exists for the current day, no block is displayed.
- Any number of blocks can be created
- Block events can be selected by taxonomy term, user, role and randomly
- A 'promote to block' field is also provided for content selection
- Support for importing events is provided if the Node Import module is installed
- Theming function support provided for block content
Module Download & Status
The This Day in History module can be downloaded from it's project page:
This page also contains the current module status, high level information on known issues, and links to various resource pages.