This release addressed critical issues that arose 7.x-2.8 and were not fully resolved in 7.x-2.9. Updating is strongly recommended.
Changes since 7.x-2.9:
- #1885298: Update MailChimp's callServer to deal intelligently with non-array response values from MCAPI.
- #1894956, #1388722: Updated callServer to enforce proper argument separator defaults for MCAPI calls.
- #1452330: Added option on optional lists to allow for user registration form to check subscribe box by default.
- #1781514: Changed function name in campaign module which was accidentally implementing a hook
- Added a check to hook_requirements to verify the correct version of libraries (>= 2.0) is installed during update.
- Updated installation instructions to be more explicit about necessary library changes from pre-7.x-2.8 versions.
This release addressed a critical issue that arose in 7.x-2.8. Updating is strongly recommended.
Changes since 7.x-2.8:
- #1883984: Update mailchimp_requirements() to properly detect if the library is installed.
- Alter version pattern in mailchimp_libraries_info().
- Updated installation instructions to account for downloading the external library.
- Adding a README file to the new activity module.
IMPORTANT: This release no longer bundles the MCAPI class with the module and it must be downloaded separately. See details below.
- Activity: There is a new submodule which allows users to view the MailChimp campaign activity (opens, sends, etc) for any entity with a valid email address. Activity streams can be enabled for any entity, E.g., Users, Comments, RedHen Contacts, etc. with granular permissions for each.
- Libraries usage: The MCAPI class is no longer included with the module and must be downloaded separately. This is to comply with drupal.org packaging rules as it has an MIT license and to ensure module users have the correct version of the MCAPI class. An example make file is included.
- Updated MCAPI to version 1.3.2.
- The module extends the MCAPI class to use Drupal's core HTTP request handling for greater cross-platform compatibility and the ability to alter/extend the http requests, E.g., to add an accept-language header.
Other changes since 7.x-2.7
- Configured webhooks cache reset behavior on new campaign sends. removed conflicting cache on individual email activity histories in mailchimp_get_campaigns_for_email.
- Refactoring caching for mailchimp_activity_get_member_activity to enable response to campaign webhooks.
Changes since 7.x-2.6:
- #1781672 by stella: Ensure merge vars array exists before looping over it.
- #1787818 by marcvangend: Use list name as key in interest groups fieldset.
- #1194738: Add entity_token as a dependency to mailchimp_lists to enable user tokens.
- #1813096 by stijnd: Add campaig_id as return value for mailchimp_campaign_save_campaign.
- #1771964: Remove bundle keys from entity_info definition.
- Update existing webhooks to use revised mailchimp_webhook_key().
- Generage a private mailchimp_webhook_key().
- Properly escape the post type from a webhook ping.
- Required lists must have a role other than Anonymous selected validation
- #1700662: Fixed the 7202 update function
IMPORTANT: The STS submodule has been removed as it's being deprecated by MailChimp in favor of their new Mandrill service. STS has been moved into it's own project for those already using the service. New projects and those willing to make the change should definitely use the new Mandrill module.
Other major changes since 7.x-2.4:Read more
Changes since 7.x-2.3:
- #1365368: Interest groups comma delimited text needs escaping.
- Update README to include the fact that lists are exportable.
- #1360772: Replace drupal_goto() in form submit handlers.
- #1366280 by fago: Replace entity load and save operations in udpate with direct db calls to fix broken upgrade process.
This release addresses a major flaw in the update process of 7.x-2.2 where mailchimp_lists_update_7200() was silently failing and didn't create the 2 additional required columns in the mailchimp_lists table. This release should correct the problem both for those who updated to 7.x-2.2 and those updating directly from prior releases. Just grab the code and run update.php or drush updatedb.
See the the notes from 7.x-2.2 for more details.
HIghlights include documentation for each module (at last!), exportable lists (yeah!) and additional access to the STS API. Complete changes follow.
Changes since 7.x-2.1:
- #1307152: Make MailChimp lists exportable.
- Removing leftover debugging code.
- #1335202: Allow for a second tier of user tokens.
- Return a render array on the STS settings page rather than a string.
- #1278288: Ensure list blocks only show for selected roles.
- Add an STS setting for the email from name and allow additional parameters to be sent to the STS API if they are set through hook_mail_alter(). Resolves #1300390.
- #1334164: Enable translation for form merge field titles.
- Replacing lingering tabs with spaces.
- #1350580 by fago: Add hook_flush_caches() implementation.
- Documentation in the form of README files for each module. At lastt ;).
Changes since 6.x-2.5:
- #1177900 by petermallett: List descriptions aren't easily translatable
- #1227962: Merge date fields in a more strong way
- #1203552: User Blocked Yet Still Subscribed
- #1097718: pass updated email to to use in 'after_update'
- Updated MCAPI to suppress fsockopen error and provide drupal message and watchdog logging
- #1192556 by Dmitriy.trt: Escape commas in interest group name
- #1197606: Typo in hook_menu which mis-places the Newsletter subscription tab
Changes since 7.x-2.0:
- #1198938: Ensure MailChimp STS has been configured (with Amazon) before allowing use.
- #1234856: Change "save settings" to "subscribe".
- #1272496: Drush Mailchimp Cron PHP Fatal Error.
- #1266292: Move mail interface reset code to hook_disable() rather than hook_uninstall().
- #1251208: Remainings of legacy code $list->name.
- #1246134: Editing list does not set correct setting for double in.
- #1243952: Add hooks for implementing merge tokens and values.
- #1243892: Strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in mailchimp_sts_admin_page().
Changes since 7.x-2.0-rc2:
- Readme typos.
- Added date filtering for STS statistics.
- #1229474: Add the ability to queue existing users to a required list with cron processing.
- Adding missing configure path to mailchimp_lists.
- #1223246 by Johnny vd Laar: Fix variables by reference warning.
- Some defensive code against empty stat objects.
- Removed unneccessary id attribute in subscription form. Also resolves w3c error, #1226914.
- Add a delete flag to the mailchimp_unsubscribe_user() and use it when a user is deleted. Allows users to be resubscribed via cron, #1229460.
- Match error message variables in watchdog messages.
Changes since 7.x-2.0-rc1:
- Upgrade path from 7.x-1.x (and 6.x).
- Reset to default mail system when uninstalling mailchimp_sts.
- Correct function heading.
- Update uninstall hook to delete proper variables.
- Add uninstall hook to delete variables.
- Include module file in uninstall hook to reference queue name constant.
- #1208052: Ensure int groups are present in a memberinfo object before settings default values.
- Removing unused hook_install() function.
- #1195860: Resolve PHP errors during cron.
Changes since 7.x-2.0-beta1:
- #1197004: ability to override interest groups label in subscription form.
- Move the test email into own callback and form and add a menu link to the main sts settings page.
- Improve messaging around filter format for STS and made the filter format optional.
- Removed extraneous module_load_include().
- #1197980: filter out mailchimp delivery email addresses from verified addresses list.
- Wrap STS API access in Drupal function and remove Drupal specific code from the API class.
- Added the ability to delete lists.
Changes since 7.x-2.0-alpha2:
- Added Quota and Send stats reports and the mail key is being sent as the tag to the STS send function.
- Renamed wrapper class file.
- First pass at STS integration complete and working.
- Basic settings form now renders. Verified emails can be added.
- Initial commit of new sts sub-module.
- Fix typo.
- Trimming some white space.
- Adding a setting to use a secure connection when communicating with the MC API.
- Use a variable for the batch limit.
- Enabled webhooks to update MC member info for a given list.
- Added webhook setting and configured or deleted webhooks upon submission.
- Changed incorrect calls to mailchimp_get_api_object().
- Quick run through coder to fix formatting.
IMPORTANT: This is genuine beta code, which, while stable and well tested, is not yet recommended for use on a production site, in particular the STS integration.
Changes since 7.x-2.0-alpha1:
- Change ANONYMOUS lists to FREEFORM and some code formatting.
- Show title and description for anonymous forms and add a suggested menu item and page callback.
- Anonymous forms are now working.
- Added individual blocks for each list. Fixed problems in hook_user_update() and hook_user_delete(), as well as refactoring user sync code into mailchimp_lists_user_sync().
First release of the new 7.x-2.x branch, which is a complete rewrite featuring a new module architecture allowing for general API usage and submodules for specific uses cases, performance improvements, and new features. Leverages Entity API and core entities for creating and managing lists and users, caches all data from the MC API, and uses the batch API for async list management.
This first release pull out all the API integration and core features into mailchimp.module and allows for Drupal user and MC list synchronization through mailchimp_lists.module. The list management page is also completely revamped.
IMPORTANT note: This module is not backwards compatible with previous versions and there is no upgrade path at this time.
Roadmap for a full 7.x-2.0 release:
- Integration with MailChimp's web hook system to update a users status in Drupal.
- MailChimp STS integration.
- Anonymous subscription forms (maybe)
A complete rewrite featuring a new module architecture allowing for general API usage and submodules for specific uses cases, performance improvements, and new features. Leverages Entity API and core entities for creating and managing lists and users. Early in development and not ready for production, but early feedback and suggestions welcome.