Containers are 'parents' for forums (discussion boards); they are used to group forums. Users cannot post topics to containers; users post to the forums in the container(s). A site with only a few forum discussion boards may not need any containers.
- Click administer » forums.
- Click the add container tab.
- Type in a container name.
- Type in a container description. This will show up below the container name when users visit the forum section.
- Select a parent. If there are no containers or existing forums to choose from, you will only see <root> as the option, meaning it will be at the top of the forum hierarchy.
- Select a weight. Higher numbers means the container will sink down in the list, lower numbers mean the container will rise up.
- Click the "Submit" button.