This is documentation for the Video Upload module.
The module is currently configured to work with YouTube, but the 6.x branch is in the process of being generalized for additional provider support.
Note: If you are having trouble configuring your YouTube account, Drutube added some trouble shooting documentation http://drupal.org/node/257618#comment-890217
- Before enabling this module, you will also need to install the Zend Client library (http://framework.zend.com/download/gdata). Download & extract the latest stable Zend Gdata release and then copy the folder in ZendGdata-X.X/library/Zend to a location accessible by the php include path.
- If the php include path includes the current directory, "./", then it is ok to copy the Zend library folder into the video_upload/providers/youtube directory.
- Otherwise, you must put it somewhere that the php include can access it, or modify your php include path. See phpinfo(); to discover your php include path.
- Once the module is installed, you should enter your YouTube username, password and developer key at http://example.com/admin/settings/video-upload
Drupal 5: http://example.com/admin/logs/status
Drupal 6: http://example.com/admin/reports/status
To verify that the module is working properly.
- Add a video upload field to an existing content type
The Video Upload module is currently in beta release, and is also in the process of being ported to Drupal 6.
Additional Steps To Avoid Errors:
- The Zend Framework must also be installed. (Download from http://www.zend.com/en/community/downloads and follow install.txt from root directory. You will need to add an includes line to the php.ini such as include_path = ".:C:\Program Files\xampp\php\ZendFramework\library\")
- SSL must be enabled. (For a XAMPP install edit apache/bin/php.ini and uncomment this line "extension=php_openssl.dll"). Without this you will get authentication errors.
- WYSIWYG editors (e.g. fck, TinyMCE) must be turned off for the content type with the youtube upload field. For testing purposes just strip out any html by editing the source.
- Don't forget to filled the "Default keywords" fields when you configure your CCK video filed.