This module displays customizable index pages for each node type with alphabetical, taxonomy, and user filters. This module is primarily intended to be administrative, but some site owners make choose to make it more public.
Standard module installation applies.
The settings page is at "admin/settings/indexpage".
- General Settings - These apply to all the output.
- Description text for main index page
- This text will appear at the top of the main index (of index pages).
- Max number of results per page
- This is the number of titles that will be shown in the title lists.
- Suppress unused taxonomy terms
- If this option is selected, terms with no associated nodes will not be shown.
- Use the node's teaser as the link title
- If this option is selected, the teaser for the node will be used for the link title (tooltip).
- Include extra fields on the result page
- Any selected fields will be included in the results list. The title will always be shown.
- Index page settings for content type - There will be a section like this for each available content type.
- Name to show for this node type
- This is what you want the indexpage to be titled. The default will be the name of the content type.
- Enable index page for this node type
- This option determines whether or not to show the indexpage for the content type. If this option is not selected, then the next two settings are meaningless.
- Show alphabetical index for this node type
- This option determines whether or not to show the alphabetical index ("alphabar") for the content type.
- Show vocabulary filters for this node type
- This option determines whether or not to show the vocabularies and terms for the content type.
A menu entry will be added for an index of indexpages and child entries for each content type that is selected on the settings page.
What an Index Page Looks Like
In the first two sections, links will point to a page of titles of the referenced nodes.
In the "Alphabetical Index," a letter will be made into a link if there is content whose title begins with that letter.
In the "Category Index," a term will be made into a link if there is content that is tagged with that term. The general setting "Suppress unused taxonomy terms" affects the list here.
The "Operations" section has a link to create a new node of that type. This is followed by links to edit the content type and to edit the vocabulary for each vocabulary that applies to the content type. Finally there is a link (if the user has permission) to change the module's settings.