|Component:||User registration module|
I've been sort of getting into the details of how this module works, but I thought it would be a good idea to back out for a minute to get a better big-picture view of the user flow that I'm going for. If there are many others that share the same need, maybe this could guide our efforts. And hopefully we can get several modules working together to make this scenario work smoothly.
1. Have user choose a role. In my case, it will be Student or Coach.
2. User registers and completes partial profile.
- account info (username, email)
- personal info (phone, address)
- role-specific info (Students: GPA, Graduation year. Coaches: Region, School name)
- maybe even payment information, to enable site membership
3. User Confirms account, and completes their profile. Only here, all profile fields are presented. (In registration, only some fields are presented to avoid overwhelming the registrant.)
modules I'm currently using
- content_profile - so I can assign profiles to specific roles, and so I can use CCK for fields.
- content_profile_registration - to bring some fields into the registration process.
- autonodetitles - to remove the title field from profile nodes.
- autoassignrole - to enable a registrant to choose their role.
I still have some things to work out in this process, but this is a pretty good picture of what I will need.