The painter UI provides a user interface to construct chains of imaging operations that may be applied to cck and view fields.
Creating a chain: to render reflecting text
Make sure you have the painter, painter UI and reflection modules enabled.
- Go to: admin/build/graphics/rendering
- Within the 'Create a new rendering chain' form, fill in a name for the chain. "My reflecting text" will do fine. The 'Description' and 'Group chain under' fields are optional, and is used to simplify the UI when lots of chains exist.
- Select "Text" under the 'Applies to' radios. This tells the painter that the chain can be used on text fields.
- If you have lightbox2 installed, a set of checkboxes entitled "Enable lightbox to use this chain for". This tells the painter which chains may be used to render thumbnails and poped up images for lightbox.
- Lastly, a checkbox entitled "Cache" tells the painter whether it may cache the rendering of the chain to improve performance.
- Click "Create" to create your new chain.
- Your chain should now be listed above the 'Create a new rendering chain' form.
- In the 'Select an operation' dropdown, select "Reflect text" and click on 'Add'
- You should now see the Reflect text form. Leave the values as is for now, and click "Ok"
Now within content types (under "Display fields") and views you can specify that the chain should be used to display any TEXT field.
You can also enable the page elements module (http://drupal.org/node/400890) bundled with the painter to use the chain to render text based page elements like the primary navigation or buttons.