Friendlist is a foundation needed to build a social network-oriented website with Drupal 6.
At the very basic level, it provides the ability to create custom relationships between users. It's a feature-rich suite of modules that features integration plugins with a list of major Drupal modules (see below). Admins can create relationship types. Both single (think: a fan) and two-way relationships (e.g. a friend) are allowed.
- Integration with Views
- Integration with Rules
- Integration with HeartBeat
- Integration with CCK Field Privacy
- Integration with Popups 1.3.x
- Integration with Node Access
- Buddylist and Buddylist2 migration assistant.
- User Relationships migration assistant.
- Configurable set of relationships. One-way relationships, two-way relationships with confirmation, two-way relationships without confirmation (using Rules)
- Working user interface, out of the box, with configurable system messages [using t() function]
- Complete user and developer documentation.
- Sample code snippets for people who want more low-level access than using Views.
Friendlist is based on a clear, well defined API which works separately and independently of any module. The API is simplified, and it exposes functions focused on managing those relationships (the main ones: add relationship, delete relationship, check a relationship's status, and see a status's available options). The API's simplicity is a design decision, and it's what makes this module particularly powerful and bug-free.
More documentation to come