Important: to make this module work in the largest range of browsers possible, insert the following in the page template of your theme:
xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" into the html tag, so after rendering it looks like this: http://wiki.svg.org/Inline_SVG#The_ASV_Hack_and_Namespace_Prefixes.
Also the page has to be a valid XHTML page, otherwise the whole page can break. I experienced this with the devel module for example, having graphics displayed and query log at the bottom of the page does not work together.
I set up a temporary demo page, where you can check if your browser works with the current version. We have tested with the Adobe plugin with IE6 and 7, it seems with IE6 it works well (except for the jQuery compatibility), for IE7 it needs more testing. May not fix.
The module is usable in
- Safari 3
- Konqueror 4
- Opera 9
- Firefox 1.5/2
And is not supported in
- Konqueror 3 (though it has basic SVG support, not for inline, in-page SVG which is rendered by this module. thanks to jpetso for the report)
- Safari 2, the Adobe SVG plugin (which is not supported anymore by Adobe) works only on PPC (so PPC version of Safari on Rosetta)
- IE6/7, only with the Adobe SVG plugin (according to reports IE7 is not working even with the plugin)
Please report any issues related to browser support in the issue queue, even though I might not reply I will try to solve it.
- Renesis plugin: http://www.examotion.com/index.php?id=product_player_download
- Adobe plugin (support to be dropped in January, 2008): http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/main.html