This module only supports the Echo API prior to E2 launch
The JS-Kit Echo module enables integration with the JS-Kit Echo service. The module enables visitors of your site to view and post comments for the current node through the JS-Kit Echo service. These comments can be displayed within the content area, in a separate block or both. As of release 6.x-2.0 the module can also display the number of comments for a node as a link with the teaser or even as a field in a view. External Profile Binding allows authenticated users of your Drupal site to login into JS-Kit Echo automatically and has been introduced in version 6.x-2.4.
Follow the next three steps to enable JS-Kit Echo:
Step 1 - Get a JS-Kit Echo registration
- New Echo accounts are not supported by this module
Step 2 - Install the JS-Kit Echo module for Drupal
- Download the JS-Kit Echo module from the project page.
- Install the JS-Kit Echo module like any other module as described here.
Step 3 - Administer the JS-Kit Echo module
After downloading and installing the module you should go to the administration page to enable comments for at least one node type.
The administration page (Administer > Site configuration > JS-Kit Echo) for this module is divided in the following sections:
- Node settings - to enable JS-Kit Echo for one or more node types and more
- Domain settings - for configuring an alternative domain and RSS settings for your comments
- Customization settings - for configuration of all common JS-Kit Echo customizations
- External Profile Binding - for configuration of JS-Kit Echo External Profile Binding parameters
If you need more specific customizations you can provide these through Drupal's theme system. For this purpose the module provides several theme hooks.