User Mailman Register is a module for mailman subscribing that extends the Mailman Manager module features.
The main feature is that, instead of sending user commands in mail format as Mailman Manager does, it sends url requests directly to the mailman web interface where admins manage lists members.
The result is mailman integration into your drupal site.
Some of its features are:
- Immediate action, completely invisible to the end-user.
- Correctly synchronized with the mailman server.
- Anonymous user subscription (or invitation).
- Lists permissions.
- Subscribe/unsubscribe users depending on their current role.
- Display subscriptions in the registration form of a new user.
- Choose what subscription types are available for every list.
- Integration of notify and invite mailman options for new subscriptions.
- Retrieve the user mail address realname from Profile fields.
- Optionally, set a subscription as required.
- Views integration.
- A mailman server ( http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/index.html ) with the web interface enabled and accessible from your drupal webserver.
- Mailman Manager module ( http://drupal.org/project/mailman_manager ) must be installed and enabled.
- Activate this module as usual.
- Go to admin/settings/mailman_manager and add your mailman lists.
- Go to admin/settings/user_mailman_register:
- Set the global module preferences.
- Activate one or more lists previuosly added by configuring its settings.
If the access mailman manager permission is allowed, users could get confused because they can access both "User Mailman Register" and "Mailman Manager" subscription forms.
Permissions are always granted to the Drupal admin, so don't worry if you still can access Mailman Manager form and links with this role when the above permission is not permitted.
The user moderation checkbox is avaiable to Mailman Manager admins only when a user is subscribed to the list.