- Extensions can be disabled/enabled (forced) via settings.php $conf entries.
- Caching for CSS/JS exclude regex.
- Bug fixes for theme function override discovery (when using theme hook suggestions).
- Minor template/(pre-)process fixes.
Please refer to #1900986: [META] Omega 4.x - Roadmap and #1744592: [META] Omega 4.x Documentation as well as #1915398: Prepare for merging sandbox version back into HEAD.
- Further improved the existing starterkit
- Added a new advanced starterkit with more complex Sass structure
- Added Gemfile and Guardfile for LiveReload (https://github.com/guard/guard-livereload)
- Added a Simple Omega Layout
- Pretty much emptied the "epiqo" layout to reset it for an upcoming rewrite using an off-canvas navigation
- Added a '--no-readme' option to the Drush subtheme script
- Fixed #1900042: Allow template overrides in theme functions using separate files as supported by Omega
- Fixed a bug that caused regions of all layouts to make it into the main page.tpl.php rendering
- Added a brand-new Drush command called "drush omega-wizard" (drush owiz) that allows users to create subthemes through a Drush wizard. This allows people who do not know the syntax of "drush omega-subtheme" to conveniently generate themes with the same power that the "drush omega-subtheme" command offers.
- Fixed a bug in omega_discovery() that caused sub-themes to not be able to override base-theme definitions.
- Further fine-tuned the starterkits
- Further improving the Drush integration.
- Subtheme creating now completely relies on starterkits.
- Those starterkits have been moved to .inc files instead of .info files in order to avoid them being loaded into the theme registry.
- Fixing a regression for field rendering that caused classes to disappear.
Quick follow-up for 7.x-4.0-alpha3 that fixes a problem with compatibility checks for extension dependencies making it work with development versions of modules now as well. Also, it appears that the theme function include files were named incorrectly all the time.
- Adding dependency management for extensions
- The layout extension now depends on the latest Omega Tools 4.x development version
- Removing stray functions from omega.inc and some cleanups for the documentation
- Improving caching and performance of the core functions in omega.inc
- Improving system info altering in conjunction with Omega Tools 4.x (This is important for the Layouts extension)
- Added a submit callback for the theme settings form to retain settings of disabled extensions that would otherwise get pruned due to the Form API handling of form items in a disabled tree.
- Improved the Drush integration and fixed some minor bugs
- Added a few new utility functions
- Chasing D8 HEAD with CSS cleanups and HTML5 template rewrites
- Moving extensions and layouts to .inc files for security reasons
- Adding a 'enabled' flag to extensions (default state unless overridden by theme settings)
- Fixing a few minor bugs in the drush integration
- ... And more
setting up an initial release for Omega 4.x.
this is still highly experimental and is missing many of the layout features of Omega 3.x still. Use at your own risk!
4.x will reach beta release after omega.gs is integrated and there are tons of layouts to choose from.
Creating dev package for 4.x
The following issues were addressed in this release:
- #1253076: Notice: Undefined property: alpha_theme_container::$page
- #1413614: Add helpful README text for CSS
- #1396790: Apartment not clean and dishes not washed
- #1332732: Empty <div> for $tabs
- #1395848: Escape site_name in Logo image alt / title text
- #1245428: panels layouts break column alignment
- #1309660: Ensure $title_suffix is always rendered (i.e. fix contextual links)
- #1366304: YOURTHEME-alpha-default.css in starterkits has misleading comment
- #1289698: Throw new users a bone on this "starterkit" concept
- #1194606: link to documentation (in theme settings) broken
- #1442800: Previous pager title attribute is not populated.
- #1408516: Debug Blocks User 1 Exception
- #1278962: w3c validate problem: rel="home" still in draft
- #1082418: B, STRONG, EM, I text formatting removed
- #1268058: Renable a div class on the comment submitted by
See the Changelog for Omega 3.1 for full details.
This marks the stable release of Omega 3.x. All current issues are either support issues, documentation issues, or non-critical for a final release.
this IS the final RC prior to a stable release sometime in the next few days.
minor bug fixes.
Let's cross our fingers for the last Release Candidate!
adding panels support & minor bug fixes.
If you are using the Delta module, you must update to the latest beta or dev versions)
IMPORTANT NOTE: CLEAR YOUR CACHES after updating Omega to RC-1. Several changes in the hooks requires the theme registry be rebuilt.
This beta release fixes several known issues, and adds several new features.
Updates to beta2 from beta1 should be painless. At the most, if you have your content region ordered visually differently than the HTML order, you may need to adjust some settings in the UI to get them to render properly again.