Frequently Asked Questions
- How to enable timer and userpoint module integration ?
- Disabling sending quiz results by email option
- Do Quiz and Gradebook integrate with each other?
- What is the purpose of the Views integration?
- Is it possible to create a "personality quiz" with this module?
- Is it possible to create a "adaptive quiz"?
- How do I upgrade from quiz 2.x to 3.x?
- How to export quiz results?
- What are all the question types supported by Quiz 3.x?
- How to multichoice Question with 4 or all choices correct?
- How do I create a custom question type?
- How do I create a quiz block?
To achieve this, navigate to "Admin -> Quiz management -> Quiz Configuration" (or drupal path
admin/quiz/settings) and check the boxes under "Addons Configuration".
Note : You need to have UserPoints and JQuery Countdown modules enabled to use this feature.
You can turn off this option in the Quiz settings in Admin -> Site configuration -> Quiz settings.
please refer to #591202: Disabling sending quiz results by email
Quiz & Gradebook do not integrate with each other as expected. Gradebook settings override the way Quiz behaves. Quizzes assigned to Gradebook do not start. Their is a bug already reported for this, please refer to #516886: Cannot start a quiz when assigned to a gradebook
Views integration is an advanced feature that allows site builders to create their own lists. So far, I've seen it used to generate reports of grades, CSV exports of quiz results, reports on how many times a given user took a given quiz, and so on.
But in order to use Views integration effectively, you will need to be proficient in building views, which is a skill on its own. You would probably want to start with some of the Views tutorials out there (Lullabot has some, IIRC).
By mbutcher @ http://drupal.org/node/502674#comment-1745710
Yes. A personality quiz is possible with Quiz 3.x. Create a quiz node with the "pass rate" set to 0 on the main quiz create/edit page. We hope to split them out into their own module during Quiz 4 development. It's just too hard to have two completely different kinds of quiz supported in the same module. Related issue #446858: Availability of the Personality Quiz
No. Quiz 3.x can't handle adaptive quizzes. Please check out #492000: If-then-else conditions to define the next question and #413176: Adaptive quiz module RC - quiz 4
Quiz 3.x has the Views module integration. To create a quiz block showing the top scorers or recent quiz you can use the Views module.
Quiz 3.x has a quiz_questions module which lets you write your own custom question type with just 100 or 150 lines of code. As of now there is no documentation for the quiz_questions module, but there are enough comment lines to describe the purpose of the classes, methods and attributes being used. The True_or_False and Matching modules were based on quiz_questions so you can take these modules as an example to build your custom quiz question type module.
As of Quiz 3.x it is not possible because of the design complexity of the multichoice module. This module will be rewritten in Quiz 4.x as a part of Sivaji's GSoC project using quiz_question.module (an API to create new question types) to support this feature and it is expected to have the following features.
1. multiple choice, single answer
2. multiple choice, multiple answer
1. Correct answer is worth N points, all others are worth 0 points
2. Answer A is worth N points, Answer B is worth M points, Answer C is worth P points....
3. Answer is correct only if ALL correct answers are chosen
4. Answers are correct in proportion to the number of questions that are chosen (e.g. if A, B, and C are correct, and users selects A and B, user gets 66% of possible points)
Quiz 3.x supports six question types:
* Long answer/essay question
* Multi-choice question
* Quiz directions
* True/false question
* Short answer question
Imagine you need to export quiz results at least with basic set of fields say Question, User and Answer. You can do this by creating a view and exporting to CSV. You'll need the Views and the Views Bonus Pack modules.
Upgrading from Quiz 2 to Quiz 3 is fully supported. We have diligently maintained upgrade scripts. You will need to:
1. Disable the Quiz module through the admin interface. (DO NOT UNINSTALL IT)
2. Remove the old Quiz module code under sites/all/modules
3. Uncompress the new Quiz 3 module into sites/all/modules
4. Enable Quiz through the admin interface. Note that there are now many modules that you can enable.
5. Run update.php on your site. This will install the database updates.