|Status:||reviewed & tested by the community|
Steps that produced this bug:
1) At admin/build/theme switched from theme 1 to theme 2: disabled theme 1, checked enable and default on theme 2.
2) Clicked save, saw custom blocks that were enabled in theme 1 active in $left and $right that were not displaying the data from the Block Title field
3) At admin/build/block clicked "configure" on one of the custom blocks that was missing its title
4) Confirmed that the block title text was still in the appropriate field, clicked "save" without making any changes.
5) Confirmed that the saved block's title now appeared in the theme where as the untouched block was still missing its title.
Enabling and making theme 1 default again (while disabling theme 2), and then switching in the same fashion back into theme 2 showed the saved block with title whereas the untouched block still did not have a title. It was as though the title only "registered" after the block was saved in that theme. The title would stick no matter what after it was saved within the theme in use.
It seems to me that when a theme inherits a block configuration it should also inherit the block titles. This was tested and reliably replicated on an install with no contributed modules enabled.