Fusion 7.x-2.0-beta2 includes new features for Responsive layouts in conjunction with the Fusion Accelerator module (7.x-2.0-beta1 or later). New sub-themes built with Fusion 7.x-2.0-beta2 (and later) starter themes will automatically support the Responsive features included in Fusion Accelerator.
Existing sub-themes (based on Fusion 7.x-2.0-beta1 and earlier) will need updates to their .info files to use the responsive options provided by Fusion Accelerator. Simply copy lines 69-130 of fusion_starter.info and append to your sub-theme's .info file to add support for responsive layouts.
In addition to the new features, the following issues were resolved:
#1420474: a.button needs styling
#1419956: Image Floating Styles CSS Class
#1404134: Horizontal Login in core.inc
#1346552: Remove default Superfish styling and Superfish-related skins from Fusion Core
#1423290: Traditional grid settings not displayed in IE after responsive layouts is disabled.
#1397838: Theme Settings form should derive the theme's name from a more reliable variable
Includes minor bug fixes and an improvement to handling IE-specific CSS.
- #1328806: Implement a better approach for IE-specific CSS by @sheena_d, adopted "No Conditional Styles OR CSS Hacks" approach to ie-specific styling proposed by Paul Irish.
- #1340348: Excess spacing above primary menu block in starter theme - corrected spacing issue with main menu in starter themes.
- #1340238: "System help" block overflows the help region - no longer wrapping help region in theme('grid_block').
- #1340252: Missing icon for warning type of drupal_set_message() - restored warning icon, and defaulted to more core styling.
- #1322092: Undefined index error on available updates page with fusion 2 - fixed undefined index issue in available updates list caused by a hidden base theme.
- Fixed warning, "Notice: Undefined variable: node_bottom in include()".
- Provided support for node_top and node_bottom regions when using context module to load blocks.
Dev release of Fusion 2.0
Initial stable release of Fusion 2.x, using Fusion Accelerator instead of Skinr for applying skin options.
This is a minor change to 6.x-1.11 that properly addresses compatibility with the page_title module. See #1144188: Page Title module not working
- re #1144188: Page Title module not working: conditional logic for compatibility with page_title module.
- re #1139850: Body id uses URL alias but barfs with Cyrillic characters: fixed bug, body ids did not support non-latin character sets
- re #864668: Local and IE Fixes CSS may not be flushed from cache by @ezra-g, @coltrane, and @willieseabrook: Local and IE Fixes CSS may not be flushed from cache
- re #1163468: Minor bug in 1.1 version after update: fixed minor css syntax error
- removed CVS ID tag for page.tpl.php, and converted line endings to unix format
- Removed "submitted by" and "date" override in node template re #1151884: Remove custom date formatting on nodes
- The earlier removal of ".block .inner" to ".gutter" broke grid overlay. fixed by updating class names referenced by grid, re #1153598: Overlay grid missing gutters
- Chau, ie6 pngfix #1153414: Remove IE6 pngfix
- Standardized line endings to unix format
- restored inner class to blocks, for use by legacy skins. loading css for skins via info file.
- override for views-view.tpl.php was based on an older version of the file, and threw a notice due to missing $admin_links variable. This template is no longer needed in D7 now that content is a region instead of a variable. Its original intension was to add a gutter. see #1097482: There is no $admin_links available in views-view--page.tpl.php
- organized fusion core skins into groups.
First official (alpha) release of Fusion for Drupal 7.
If you are upgrading from a previous Drupal 7 (dev) release, make sure you DELETE ALL FUSION FILES FIRST, because some files have been removed in this release.
READ THESE FIRST:
Here's an executive summary!
If you're coming from the Drupal 6 version of Fusion, here are the most important things to know about changes in the Drupal 7 version:
- There's no menu variable printed in page.tpl.php for primary (main) and secondary links. Instead there is a Main Menu region that you should place your main menu block within, and you can place your secondary links in any region.
- Superfish is no longer baked into Fusion. Use the Superfish module for the same features and more!
- Some regions that are no longer needed have been removed, and some renamed to match Drupal core
- Skins (via the Skinr module) are implemented in a completely different way now. Here's an example skin: http://skinr.org/example-skin-implementation
- In some places the .inner class has been renamed to .gutter, in order to differentiate between classes that are structural to the grid for adding gutter margins (.gutter) and when there's an .inner wrapper just to help you with styling.
There are still open issues that will be addressed in 1-2 more releases until we have a final release candidate version: http://drupal.org/project/issues/fusion?text=&status=Open&priorities=All...Read more
This release includes various minor bug fixes.
- CSV keywords have been stripped.
- Issue #1073422: corrects bug, teasers do not receive teaser class if they do not have body text
- Issue #903610: submitted by ezra-g: patch removes execution permission to several files that do not require them.
- Issue #995630: patch submitted by grobot. Fixes undefined index warning on #size.
- Issue #879448: removed skinr setting for skin inheritance, per stephthegeek recommendation
- Issue #879452: removed all feature declaration from starter_lite info file. This theme will now use all Drupal defaults for the Toggle Display checkboxes in theme settings.
- Issue #825246: added logo files to starter themes in D6
- Issue #1108226: changed format for disabling inherited skins to
- event Skinr error.
- Issue #948350: added theme setting for Tahoma.
- Issue #960386 - restored missing comma from CSS.
- Issue #888944: fixes error undefined variable $position in
- sion_core. submitted by msonnabaum, altered by coltrane.
- Issue #1012882: fixes Full $node->content array not built for Ubercart products
- Issue #868572: stripping html from page titles that originate from slogan. patch submitted by coltrane.
Initial development version of Fusion Core and Fusion Starter for Drupal 7
#576420 by sociotech, ported fusion core and fusion starter to drupal 7
Important! This code is under active development and not recommended for production use. There is significant functionality still missing (e.g., Ubercart product theming, Skinr previews, etc.).
Guide to upgrading Fusion subthemes from Drupal 6 to Drupal 7: Converting Drupal 6 Fusion themes to Drupal 7
- changed core = to 7.x in fusion core and fusion starter
- added help, page_top, and page_bottom regions
- removed content-top and content-bottom regions
- moved all default theme settings into .info file
- changed advanced theme settings code in theme-settings.php to fusion_core_form_system_theme_settings_alter()
- deleted code that initializes theme settings
- converted page.tpl.php to d7 style
- added html.tpl.php template so i can add body classes
- changed main and secondary links/menu to d7 style
- removed head and body markup from page.tpl.php
- removed closure region from page.tpl.php
- changed body_classes to d7 style in template.php/page.tpl.php
#808988 by gmclelland, fixed class typo bug for 12 unit fluid grid in fusion core
fixed $title typo in node.tpl.php
#721088 by tsi, sociotech, fixed floating layout issues for content tabs and primary menu in RTL
#729740 by eternalistic, fixed views admin links being cut off
by sociotech, fixed clearfix to reduce page clipping due to overflow:hidden
by sociotech, added check for case in which there are no default theme settings in .info file
#735634 by eternalistic, fixed background collapsing on floated styles
#729752 by sociotech, fixed issue with node titles being obscured in webkit when clicking on anchor links
#748356 by jbrauer, fixed label for 11 unit width incorrect
#603644 by sociotech, fixed QuickTabs blocks were always appearing at the bottom of regions
#732746 by sociotech, fixed allow user-defined widths in sidebar blocks in fluid layouts
#755576 by sociotech, fixed missing styles in maintenance-page.tpl.php
#763108 by sociotech, fixed incorrect classes with custom grids using less than 10 columns
#721386 by RdeBoer, sociotech, fixed array_merge() error in fusion_core/theme-settings.php
#733040 by eternalistic, sociotech, fixed Panels editing options get cut off
by sheena_d, fixed Superfish menu to prevent getting cut off in sidebars & added vertical menu style
by eternalistic, fixed Skinr styles not showing for Panels
IMPORTANT NOTE: This release requires that you also upgrade Skinr to version 6.x-1.4
#606462 by sociotech, fixed floating of blocks within Quicktabs block
#681652 by sociotech, removed reference to head.php from maintenance-page.tpl.php
#670334 by sociotech, added RTL styling for content tabs in Fusion Starter
by sociotech, removed design pack and put color styles back into fusion-starter-style.css -- this was not intended to be committed to Fusion itself and is better served by Skinr and/or future sub-subtheming
by eternalistic, changed the targeting for form-submit so styling for buttons targets the button on search pages as well
by eternalistic, fixed duplicate search form ids
by sociotech, added new style preview code that accommodates varying screenshot dimensions
by stephthegeek, reworked multicolumn menu style to not have fixed widths, but use a 50px margin between columns instead
by stephthegeek, changed reduced line height on small form item description text
by sociotech, updated Skinr styles to conditionally load JS/CSS files where possible now that Skinr v1.4 is released (including separating the Equal Heights style to its own section)
by sociotech, added font-family declarations for form-text in typopgraphy.css to ensure correct field widths (e.g., password) in ie6, ie7, & ie8
#645212 by sociotech: fixed primary menu dropping behind other menus
#659030 by sociotech: fixed grid overlay button from obscuring admin menu
#641234 by sociotech: fixed sf-menu class not being added when using Devel Themer
#656478 by sociotech: removed iepngfix.htc definition from Fusion Core ie6-fixes.css to reduce page not found errors, added it to Fusion Starter ie6-fixes.css as a commented-out example
by sociotech: adjusted margins for paragraphs and lists
by sociotech: fixed registry rebuilt message being displayed twice
by stephthegeek: changed margin on ul.links img and th img to left/right only -- removes awkward alignment in table sort headers and modules that insert icons into node links
by stephthegeek: removed redundant Drupal Messages, font sizes in typography.css
#661970 by codycraven, sociotech: added .clearfix class to regions and blocks for backgrounds
#634014 by eternalistic: added preview of styles to Fusion. This implementation will likely change in the future for better flexibility but a working solution is in for now
by eternalistic, sociotech: added Design Packs directory to Fusion Starter with all color definitions moved into Basic example to demonstrate easier color changing
by stephthegeek: added resets to Views admin links
by stephthegeek: added more resets to vertical tabs section
#629646 by sociotech: fix for nested fluid width bug
#638098 by sociotech: un-center user login block by default
#638100 by sociotech: fix to keep admin form elements on top and visible, changed references to admin-page class to use drupal's page-admin class
by sociotech: cleaned up sidebar width theme setting code
by sociotech, stephthegeek: updated some wording of theme description, Skinr styles
by sociotech: merged head.php back into page.tpl.php -- abstraction not worth the confusion for subthemers
by sociotech: changed search-theme-form.tpl.php id from edit-search_theme_form to edit-search-theme-form-header
by sociotech: changed variable $grid_options to $width_options in theme-settings.php
by sociotech: added node-top to block region grid info function and equal heights js list
by sociotech: removed form element width expression from ie6-fixes.css
by sociotech: fixed node-top & node-bottom layout issue because they are off-grid
by sociotech: fixed broken typography in horizontal login, callout & multi-col menu skinr styles
#637684 by sociotech: increased left margin for ordered lists in fusion core
#645212 by baalwww, sociotech: fix IE7 bug of Superfish menu going behind content
by stephthegeek: removed some unnecessary table styles (that are already in Drupal core)
by stephthegeek: added .inner to core list styles
#625306 by sociotech: Changed $theme_data retrieval function, fixed $info_theme_settings default array initialization, changed $theme_name arg() retrieval method.
by eternalistic: Fixed conditional code for $submitted variable in node.tpl.php.
#611826 by eternalistic: Added missing $submitted code, $node_top region, and $terms code to node-product.tpl.php.
by eternalistic: Fixed conditional code for $submitted variable in node.tpl.php.
This is a major release of Fusion, moving things into beta! Full Skinr integration with Views and Panels is now working and a number of generally useful styles (padding, border, lists, image floats, etc) were added. Sidebar and layout options were also added, with optional defaults for these in the subtheme's info file. Blocks can also be arbitrarily positioned with advanced grid CSS class support.
Markup was also cleared up for lists and other margins, header layout updated, and some styles were shuffled between fusion_core and fusion_starter. In general, this release should smooth out the subtheming process substantially.Read more
Initial development release of the Fusion base theme, including fusion_core (the base theme) and fusion_starter (a starter kit for a sub-theme). Not recommended for production use, but feedback is appreciated.
See the Acquia Prosper theme for an example of a complete subtheme based on Fusion.