- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-2006-003
- Project: Drupal core
- Date: 2006-03-13
- Security risk: less critical
- Impact: hijacking
- Where: from remote
- Vulnerability: session fixation attack
If someone creates a clever enough URL and convinces you to click on it, and you later log in but you do not log off then the attacker may be able to impersonate you.
All Drupal versions before 4.6.6.
The fix to this issue requires PHP 4.3.2 or higher, which is higher than the minimum requirements for the Drupal 4.5.x branch. If you are still running an older version of PHP, you must upgrade it or this issue will not be fixed.
- If you are running Drupal 4.5.x then upgrade to Drupal 4.5.8.
- If you are running Drupal 4.6.x then upgrade to Drupal 4.6.6.
The security contact for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or using the form at http://drupal.org/contact.
More information is available from http://drupal.org/security or from our security RSS feed http://drupal.org/security/rss.xml.